WHAT'S YOUR NEXT YES?
We're a non-profit social enterprise run by volunteers who like to help nudge people towards their potential.
We live in a society riddled with expectations and life can sometimes seem harder than ever. Stress and a call to work long hours is at odds with the pressure we feel to live picture (social media)-perfect lives, and the solution to many mental health issues which is right on our doorstep.
Based around forming strong face-to-face communities and the power of spending time in nature, SayYesMore is an affirmation that habitually saying yes is a surefire foundation of a kind, happy and enjoyable life, and a reminder during our hardest times that we're always capable of more.
Every time we do something new we grow, so not being afraid to fail and making the most of every day means we have to grasp opportunities when they come along, and our basic message is that in any given moment we can choose positive or negative, and that small positive lifestyle changes make a big difference.
We build and create events, places, spaces and situations that help people, ideas and mindsets blossom. Whether it's supporting brave decisions, encouraging adventurous thinking, finding (or creating) work that we love or simply designing a lifestyle that fits perfectly with our individual personalities and needs, we figure that if we look after ourselves and those around us and don't forget to have fun along the way, the world will be a much better place.
We have a community called the YesTribe (primarily in London but there are also growing tribes around the world) who are at the heart of everything - as people always are. We know it sounds a bit like a cult, but if so we're just a very nice one!
Our members have raised over £750,000 for good causes in the last year, and have travelled well over 100,000 miles on human-powered journeys. They've set up charities, businesses and social enterprises. We cheer every time someone quits a job that doesn't make them feel very good, and hold workshops and retreats that help anyone going through a tough but ultimately rewarding lifestyle transition.
We have an annual microfestival for positive change called Yestival, weekly free campouts where we wild camp under the stars just a short ride from the city, motivating nights of inspiration and adventurous tales called YesStories, regular gatherings of all kinds from BBQs to river paddles, and we even bought a double-decker bus to convert into an amazing community space where ideas can become reality.
So, if you've ever thought that maybe there's a little more to life, decided that Mondays are only rubbish because your job isn't good for you or wished your friends were the type of people who would join you for a bike ride or say YES when you suggested it was time for an adventure, you might just have found the right place.
First time? Here's your next step...
1) Join the YesTribe group on Facebook, you'll find all of our events behind the tab at the top of that page
2) Sign up to our newsletter, where you'll get fortnightly doses of motivating tribe stories and news
3) Come on a campout or another event and meet the tribe. We know turning up to something without knowing anyone can be daunting sometimes, but remember, everyone turned up for the first time at some point :)
4) Get involved. We've only been around as an organisation (and not just three words) since June 2015 and we're growing fast. If you'd like to volunteer and develop skills and our direction in the process, check out the jobs available
5) Be inspired. Amazing things have happened since this tribe started, it's wonderful what a bit of support and some time spent outside does for us. Check out the Tribe Stories page to see what everyone has been up to, and start cooking up your own story to tell.